Thanks to Katy, who put me onto this.
This is a great article about the changing way that people buy bread. As someone who sells high-end quality, artisan bread I can vouch for the fact that people really do want lovingly made, reasonably priced loaves, and why not? I know for a fact that the bakers who make the bread, I sell, are passionate about their produce and put a great deal of hard work and long hours into creating beautiful, edible objects. This lost art is being championed again and like so many ideas of the past and more humble cultures, it is proving to be having a popular and necessary come-back.
You can buy artisan bread from me in Chichester on Thurs, Fri & Sat 10am-4pm from my pitch on Priory Rd. And look out for me in town in the New Year on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Read this and tell me what you think.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20527294?SThisFB
No comments:
Post a Comment