Thursday, 6 December 2012

A great poem from Sandra

Here's another wonderful poem, featuring bread, by one of the Great British poets, Dylan Thomas. Thanks Sandra. Personally I love a bit of 'A Child's Christmas in Wales' this time of year.

Loving the new blog !
 
I like this one by Dylan Thomas.
 
This Bread I Break.
 
 
This bread I break was once the oat
This wine upon a foreign tree
Plunged in it's fruit
Man in the day or wine at night
Laid the crops low, broke the grapes joy.
 
Once in this time ,wine the summer blood
Knocked in the flesh that decked the vine.
Once in this bread
The oat was merry in the wind,
Man broke the sun, pulled the wind down.
 
This flesh you break, this blood you let
Make desolation in the vein
Were oat and grape.
Born of the sensual root and sap,
My wine you drink, my bread you snap.
 
 
Bit of a moody sod wasn't he ?!
 
 
is good for proverbs about bread from all around the world.
 
Sandra x

No comments:

Post a Comment